Friday 4 March 2011

Some painted miniatures....


I friend suggested that I post some photos, which in all fairness is a great idea. I hope you enjoy them......


My old RT Spacemarines have finally after 20years of being sat in a box got a coat of paint, I have decided to paint them as Blood Angles. I have a squad of 10 marines 5 of which are finished and some Terminators which arent quiet finished just yet.





I picked up a bargin on eBay the other day, 34 Dixon ACW troopers in various posses. I am going to use these with SDS by Genashea games with a few rule tweaks to better suit the period.
I am really happy at how my ACW Union Troops have turned out, I need to finish the bases but I really wanted to show them off. Hopefully they aren't to unhistoric in colour selections :-)
 I am pretty poor at painting historicals, i just find them difficult for some reason, not sure why. However my close friend Gav gave me a copy of Foundary Miniatures Painting and Modelling Guide by Kevin Dallimore, which is a great read and has at least given me confidence to try and paint some historicals.... Really looking forward to painting the Rebels......




Skaven Assassin - "I know Kung-fu" has been used for what seems like ever in my skirmish games.... He always seem to strike fear in to the opposition, but then turns out that the dice gods are against me when i use him in melee. Oneday he will show the world his awesome powers....


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those space marines are a serious blast from the past. I've got a few of the original plastic set from RT that I put into my space marine army.

    Nice painting on all by the way though I can understand your feeling about painting historicals but IMO painting is better than bare metal even if you do them in pink and neon green. Well, that might be a bit much but you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete